If your parent is experiencing memory loss, a memory care community can support their unique challenges and help them live joyfully in the moment.
What is Memory Care?
At Aegis Living, we have developed innovative care programs for residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia to best meet their unique needs. Our Life’s Neighborhood ® program is designed to help ease the symptoms of dementia and to celebrate the life of the individual. We provide personalized care to meet the resident wherever they are in the progression of their memory loss. Our secured memory care wing is modified to keep our residents safe, healthy, active, and comfortable to give our families peace of mind.
We don’t focus on what they forget, but rather, connecting them with the feelings of joy and happiness that they will never forget.
Stimulating activities for those with memory loss is critical to their wellbeing. Our Life Enrichment program provides activities to connect with others, stimulate their brain, promote relaxation, maintain their physical strength, and celebrate each day.
- Memory care activities and programs catered to the cognitive level of our residents with memory loss.
- Socialization is vital for a person’s health and sense of wellbeing, so great care is taken to engage our residents in group activities.
- Light and music therapy to alleviate and lessen symptoms of Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
- Residents are kept active and engaged with exercise classes, such as balance, stretching, and strength training.
At Aegis Living, we pull from years of industry experience to create memory care communities that are designed for our resident’s comfort and to accommodate their changing needs
- Available 24/7 expert care staff to assist with healthcare needs, activities of daily living, and making our residents with memory loss feel comfortable.
- Beautifully designed common areas and well-appointed private apartments are modified to meet their unique needs and keep our residents safe.
- Housekeeping weekly services, laundry services, and scheduled transportation.
- Chef-prepared custom meal plans that are easy for those with dementia to eat and packed with essential nutrition for health.
Health and Wellness
Our staff care for your parent with dignity, patience, and compassion during what can be an anxious time for many.
- Around-the-clock care by expert caregivers to address the personal and behavioral care needs of those with memory loss.
- Our staff is trained with ongoing education in dementia care and skilled at redirecting difficult behaviors or agitation associated with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
- A secured community to prevent wandering behaviors that can sometimes occur with memory loss.
- We have set high expectations for consistency of care by recruiting and retaining the most talented staff.
“My mom needed a deeper level of care and Aegis [Living] does provide that—a more sophisticated ability to care for an aging person with advanced dementia or advanced Alzheimer’s.”
Ann, daughter of Aegis Living resident
The Cost of Care
When shopping for a memory care community, know the numbers. Various long-term care companies may structure their pricing differently. For comparison, Aegis Living bases the cost of care on rent and care points.
Our monthly rent covers the cost of the private apartment plus amenities and basic services such as housekeeping, meals, transportation, and utilities.
Pay only for the customized care that your parent needs. A professional assessment will determine the number of care points needed to ensure your parent is comfortable and their memory care needs are met.
Covers costs incurred in bringing in a new resident and allows for the upkeep and maintenance of our communities.
Dementia Denial From the Experts
Caring for a family member with dementia is difficult. Not only do you grapple with the added responsibilities of monitoring […]
8 Ways to Combat Alzheimer’s Disease
While there is a genetic component to Alzheimer’s disease that can increase your risk, research shows people can reduce their risk of memory impairment by adopting a healthy lifestyle.