What is Assisted Living?
If you or your parent are no longer safe or healthy living on their own, assisted living can aid with typical day-to-day activities and personal care. Our Aegis Living communities are staffed by trained 24/7 caregivers who can assist with the activities of daily living, care needs, and medication management. With their needs taken care of, your parent is free to enjoy time with their neighbors, pursue their passions, indulge in great food, and celebrate every day with new friends.
More than a home, it’s a new lifestyle.
Every community is unique and offers a variety of amenities and services to fit every personality and preference.
- Available 24/7 care staff to assist with healthcare needs, activities of daily living, and making our residents comfortable and happy.
- Elegantly designed common areas and well-appointed private furnished and unfurnished apartments.
- Concierge services, weekly housekeeping, laundry services, and scheduled transportation.
- Chef-prepared meals with locally sourced and seasonal produce.
Our Life Enrichment program is far from cookie-cutter. We continually evaluate and add new programs to engage our residents in meaningful ways.
- Life Enrichment directors plan a rotating calendar of engaging activities, including music therapy, art, trivia, balance classes, tai chi, yoga, interactive TED talks, and so much more!
- Custom programs and special interest clubs to meet the unique hobbies and passions of our residents.
- Leverage technology to enhance our programs, like using Alexa to access immediate information and keeping families informed with our proprietary Life Enrichment Trackers.
- Friends and family events to share and welcome visitors to our community.
Health and Wellness
Our staff forms tight bonds with our residents and their families. They often compare caring for eour residents to caring for a member of their own family.
- Each community employs nurses on staff to oversee and customize care plans for each resident and can communicate concerns to primary care physician.
- Our staff knows our residents intimately. They proactively care for our residents and notice changes in their condition quickly.
- Available medical services include in-house primary care doctors, physical and occupational therapists, podiatrists, geriatric psychiatrists, in-house pharmacy, in-house blood work, labs, and x-rays.
“We have family meals together. Aegis Living wants this to be a second home and encourages us to hang out here.”Catherine, daughter of Aegis Living resident
The Cost of Care
When shopping for long-term care, know the numbers. There are a few different ways that long-term care companies structure their pricing. For comparison, Aegis Living bases the cost of care on rent and care points.
Our monthly rent covers the cost of the private apartment plus amenities and basic services such as housekeeping, meals, transportation, and utilities.
Pay only for the customized care that your parent needs. A professional assessment will determine the number of care points needed to ensure your parent is comfortable.
Covers costs incurred in bringing in a new resident and allows for the upkeep and maintenance of our communities.
There is a common term that you will hear if you are researching assisted living or memory care communities: ADLs. […]
Elder care today is not a simple equation of getting a diagnosis and scheduling treatment. It is more about having […]