Your Home Away from Home
Respite care is an option for your parent to stay in an assisted living or memory care community for a short stay, so they are safe and cared for by professionals. You can rest assured that they will receive 24-hour care from the specifically-trained staff, including medication management, and assistance with the tasks of daily living. They will be part of the community—dining with other residents, participating in activities, engaging in our amenities and services. It’s a temporary stay in a comfortable home that caters specifically to their needs.
- Peace of mind. Your parent will be cared for by trained professionals with experience in caring for elderly residents. You can be confident that they will be well looked after and safe during their stay.
- Opportunity to make new friends and socialize. Your parent will meet a whole new community of peers during meals and activities throughout the day.
- Extra time to recuperate after a hospital stay. If your parent has had a hip replacement or is recovering from surgery, they can take a little more time to heal during a short-term stay. They will get 24/7 support from staff who can help manage medications and meet all their needs for a full recovery.
- A place to stay in an emergency. If the worse happens, such as a house fire or flood, a short-term stay can benefit an elderly family member whose home is uninhabitable or unsafe.
- A break for a stressed caregiver. Caregiving is a full-time job that can be all-consuming. Stressed-out caregivers can take time for themselves to recharge and rejuvenate during a break.
- Experience the community before becoming a full-time resident. Your parent may enjoy their stay so much that they don’t want to leave. It’s an excellent way to meet other residents, try the food, experience the amenities, and ease into a transition to full-time.
“I felt support and was able to cope with the ever-changing challenges, knowing he was getting the best care…far better than I could have done.”– Andrea