Protecting Our Residents
We are optimistic about the progress we are making in our communities and across the country. Our focus will remain caring for and serving our residents as we begin to come together again.
Covid-19 Vaccine Update
As the health and safety of our residents and staff continued to be our highest priority, our Vaccine Task Force scheduled COVID-19 vaccine clinics for residents and staff in all of our communities. At this point, 93% of residents and 90% of staff have already been vaccinated. And we will continue to work to make receiving vaccines a priority.
THIS. Is Our Commitment. We never take your trust for granted. Each day, our teams lead the senior living industry, to innovate and harness the best information with the best partners so that we can make the best decisions possible as we navigate the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. See all the ways that we are living up to Our Commitment for the safety and happiness of your cherished loved ones. Click image for video.
Community Health & Safety
We work tirelessly to protect our residents. And as always, we remain vigilant about hygiene, sanitation, infection control, and vaccination. Click image for video.
- Surely and safely we are reopening social spaces, as we can, to carefully phase in services, activities and dining. And we’re innovating all the way. Our exclusive custom designed Outdoor Living Room Experience, approved by infectious disease experts, provides a beautiful protective cozy space in each community for residents to visit family without virus exposure.
- Meeting or exceeding the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines, Aegis Living has long-established infection control protocols and sanitation practices to protect against the spread of infectious illnesses.
- We are in regular contact with federal, state and local health agencies, and our own Coronavirus Advisory Council to remain 100% focused on safety company-wide.
- Plus, we have a cross-functional interdepartmental task force of leaders, experts and nursing staff who analyze developments as they work to strengthen and evolve our protections in all areas of our communities.
- We’ve implemented frequent, daily disinfection procedures, community-wide preventative cleaning, and enhanced sanitation protocols, especially on high-touch surfaces and common areas.
- We were early adopters of social distancing and voluntary community-wide isolation to protect our residents ahead of required local mandated isolations. We also have restricted all visitors to the communities and suspended all events.
- To be prepared for long-term needs, we acquired hygiene, disinfecting, and emergency preparedness supplies. We also continue to source personal protective equipment (PPE) through our strong relationships with our vendors and suppliers to keep our residents and staff safe for the months to come.
- We are following the American Healthcare Association (AHCA) guidance on accepting patients from the hospital.
We cherish our residents. They are part of our big Aegis Living Family; and we are innovating with new programs and partners to protect them and enable them to continue thriving.
- We are closely monitoring residents for any signs of illness, taking their temperature, and testing their oxygen levels daily.
- We established a partnership with a private
testing lab that provides some capacity to test
residents and staff as there are identified needs. Our
approach follows CDC guidance to test per contact tracing to those potentially exposed to confirmed persons.
- We prepared to handle positive cases of COVID-19 among our residents, employing heightened contact protocols and closely monitoring the health of residents to get additional medical treatment immediately as the situation warrants.
- We ask our residents to wear masks and maintain physical distancing when outside of their apartment.
We hire for heart, head, and guts. That means smart, caring people who do the right thing and bring joy to their jobs. We remain focused on having appropriate protections in place for our 2,500 team members.
- We are ensuring that if any staff is sick that they stay at home.
- Every staff members’ temperature and health symptoms are measured when they arrive for their shift.
- Our staff wears masks and other personal protection equipment (PPE) for both the safety of the residents and our staff. We are continually strengthening our enhanced sanitation protocols, including hand sanitation.
- We’ve provided our staff with clear guidelines to follow should they or someone in their family become ill. Given the fluidity of the situation, we are regularly training our teams on both current protocols and new learnings we need to incorporate.
Looking for healthy options? Our culinary team focuses more than ever on delicious immune-boosting foods full of color and flavor. Our Chef’s pride themselves in surprising and delighting residents.
- Food can be a source of both comfort and prevention, so our in-room dining focuses on healthy meals that are visually appealing and nutritious.
- Our dining rooms are reopening so that we socialize from a distance to share a meal. We are committed to an abundance of caution; and we communicate protocols to each family and resident as circumstances evolve.
- Hydration is especially important to the health of seniors, so we are offering a comforting and vitamin-packed bone broth and our soothing signature ginger tea, along with snacks and smoothies.
We care for the mind, body, and spirit of every resident. The emotional health of our residents is as important as their physical health. Our Life Enrichment team is highly skilled in introducing new activities and ways to support socialization and human connections.
- In addition to small group activities, our team members enjoy quality one-on-one time that they share with each resident throughout the day—whether that is bringing in a meal, sitting for a chat, or singing together.
- Our Life Enrichment team produces an entertainment show, called Aegis Live. Each week, a new episode features the life story of a resident, shares jokes, challenges our residents with trivia questions, leads our residents through an exercise class, includes live music, and much more!
- Our residents regularly video chat with their families face-to-face via Zoom, Skype, and FaceTime to stay connected.
- Each community has tablet devices loaded with a curated digital library to deliver a world of entertainment, games, classic radio programs, and more to keep our residents’ minds sharp and engaged.
- We fill our hallways with music concerts, entertainment, and events for our residents to enjoy from the safety of their apartments.
- Aegis Living Family Link uses technology to connect with families with uploaded photos and notes about how they are enjoying their day.
- Enjoying the outdoors is an important component of our wellness program. Walks have been designed to include sensory stimulation, engaging conversation, balance exercises to build strength, hydration, and fresh air.
If you are searching for assisted living or memory care for yourself or a loved one please complete the fields in the form below then click Send. A Marketing Director will contact you shortly.