What is Respite Care?
Respite care is an option for your parent to stay in an assisted living community for a short stay, so they are safe and cared for by professionals. You can rest assured that your parent will receive 24-hour care from the specifically-trained staff, including medication management, and assistance with the tasks of daily living. They will be a part of the community and able to participate in activities and socialize with other residents. Your parent may enjoy their stay so much they may never want to leave.
Your loved one will have the opportunity to meet a whole new community of peers during meals, exercise classes, curated excursions, and engaging activities throughout the day. Your loved one will experience the community like a full-time resident—they may enjoy it so much that they don’t want to leave!
- Your loved one will experience the community like a full-time resident—they may enjoy it so much that they don’t want to leave!
- Short-term stay is a helpful option to meet other residents, taste the food, experience the amenities, and ease into a transition to a full-time resident.
Peace of Mind
Your parent will be cared for by trained professionals with experience in caring for elderly residents and their unique needs.
- Short-term care is an excellent option for a loved one with memory loss. Our specially-trained staff is sensitive to the behavioral changes and issues that come with Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
- Our around-the-clock care staff will ensure your parent is well looked after and safe during their stay.
Health and Wellness
Short-term stay can be a beneficial option for a loved one to recuperate after a hospital stay or a temporary home due to an emergency like fire or flood.
- If your parent has had a hip replacement or is recovering from surgery, they can take a little more time to heal with 24/7 support from staff who can help manage medications and meet all their needs for a full recovery.
- Stressed-out caregivers can take time for themselves to recharge and rejuvenate during a break and focus on their health.
“Every time I pick mother up, she is better than when I dropped her off. She walks better, she’s happy, all around I can see in her that being around more people is good for her.”
– Sharon, mother stayed at Aegis Living Kent
The Cost of Care
When shopping for a memory care community, know the numbers. Various long-term care companies may structure their pricing differently. For comparison, Aegis Living bases the cost of care on rent and care points.
Our monthly rent covers the cost of the private apartment plus amenities and basic services such as housekeeping, meals, transportation, and utilities.
Pay only for the customized care that your parent needs. A professional assessment will determine the number of care points needed to ensure your parent is comfortable.
Covers costs incurred in bringing in a new resident and allows for the upkeep and maintenance of our communities.
How to Age in Place
What does it mean to “age in place?” This is a commonly used term in the senior housing industry. The […]
Senior Population Growth Drives Development
America’s aging population is transforming all aspects of healthcare, including senior housing. You’ve likely noticed new senior housing popping up […]