Meet Your Assisted Living Staff
Meet the Staff
Your loved one has moved to Aegis Living. Now that they are settled, you may have questions about different aspects of the community. We are here to help. You already know the Marketing Director and though you won’t see them as often, they will always be available if you need direction on who to speak to. Let us introduce you to a few key individuals who can answer your questions and assist you.
Your General Manager
Let’s start at the top, overseeing all day-to-day community operations, staff, and family relationships is our general manager. This dynamic position in the community supervises our staff and recruits the team that keeps our residents happy. They ensure that everything in the community runs smoothly, including the kitchen, maintenance, activities, care, and more. Your customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to our general manager.
If you have questions for the General Manager, they are happy to set up a one-on-one appointment and review any of your concerns.
Business Office Manager
To make our business side of the community run efficiently, our Business Office Manager (BOM) works closely with the General Manager on the behind the scenes paperwork, vendor management, resident files, and administrative tasks. Our BOM handles all of our invoicing to families and manages payments.
If you have questions concerning your monthly invoice or payment, the Business Office Manager can assist you.
Every community has a concierge who works at the front desk. Your concierge is there to help answer questions for both the residents and family members. If you have any questions or need any services contact the concierge. They are happy to help you or can direct you to the correct person to assist you.
If you are looking for a service for your parent, the concierge will be able to assist you with scheduling:
- Transportation to a doctor’s appointment
- An appointment with the salon or barbershop or massage services
- Housekeeping or laundry services
- A meal with your parent in our dining room
- A request to our maintenance team to repair an issue in their apartment
- A meeting with any of our directors: General Manager, Health Services Director, or Life Enrichment Director
Our Health Services Director
Each resident’s medical care is overseen by our Health Services Director (HSD) in every community. The HSD will first assess the needs of your parent and their current health concerns to create a comprehensive care plan. The HSD will manage the health of your parent, note any changes in their health, schedule and complete follow up assessments, and update their care plan as needed. Our HSDs are registered nurses so they can communicate medical concerns or changes with a resident’s physician.
Residents can certainly use their current physician if they choose. Aegis Living has also partnered with visiting medical providers who make regularly scheduled visits within the community, so residents can be seen in the comfort of their own apartment. Our HSDs work directly with our visiting medical providers to update them on your parent’s health and assist in communicating those updates to you. Most of our communities also have working relationships with local physicians and medical centers that they can recommend. And we provide transportation for our residents to get a ride to their doctor’s appointment.
Contact the community HSD:
- To make an appointment with our visiting medical provider
- If you have any questions regarding your parent’s health, changes in behavior, or general health concerns
- For medication questions or questions about our preferred pharmacy
- Regarding food allergies and dietary restrictions. The HSD will communicate these to our culinary services.
- If you need the HSD to speak with your parent’s physician.
As a partner to the Health Services Director, our Care Director manages all aspects of our care staff. The Care Director is in charge of recruiting, hiring, and retaining the best staff, so your parent has consistency in the care they receive. They work hand-in-hand with the HSD to make sure your parent gets the best quality care and attention. Our Care Director ensures our residents’ needs are being met every day.
Contact the Care Director:
- If you have questions or need more information about your parent’s day to day living experience, their health care or the care staff.
- If you have any questions or concerns about the care staff, the Care Director oversees management of caregivers and medication managers
Our Life Enrichment Director
Your parent’s calendar will be filled with fun, enriching activities, unexpected programs, music, entertainment, local excursions, and more every day. But each community is as unique as the people who live there. Our Life Enrichment Directors create a rotating daily calendar of activities based on the hobbies, pursuits, and interests of the residents in each community. Our Life Enrichment Directors take great care in understanding the makeup of personalities in their community and catering activities, programs, and excursions to meet those interests.
We have an exciting program that tracks the participation of our residents in our activities. Families can clearly see how much mom or dad is active in our Life Enrichment programs. We can also monitor if their behaviors change or participation increases or declines. This can help not only gauge their happiness, but also their health and energy level. The Life Enrichment Directors will directly email family members with reports, photos, and updates of their loved one’s participation.
Contact our Life Enrichment Director:
- If you are not receiving updates on your parent’s participation or would like to be included in
- If you would like to inquire about including a favorite hobby or interest of your parent in the LE program
- If you want to participate in an activity, attend an event, or go on a local excursion with your parent
The Maintenance Director is responsible for the maintenance and repair in your community. The maintenance team keeps the community looking nice and safe, prepares apartments for new residents, and fixes any issues that may occur in your loved ones home. You can contact the Maintenance Director or ask the concierge for any repairs needed.
The comfort and health of your parent or family member are vital to us. We want to help direct you to the right person to answer any of your questions. But of course, our entire staff is very friendly and willing to help any way that they can. Don’t be afraid to ask.