March 10th Update
While California may not be experiencing the same growth in confirmed cases as Washington state, we know how important it is to be proactive. Out of an abundance of caution, we are putting in place some additional infection prevention measures to further protect our residents and staff in California.
We are asking all family members to reconsider visiting their Aegis Living community and refrain from taking residents offsite at this time. We know how important regular communication is with loved ones and we will continue to connect families via phone or video link and continue to share updates and photos over our Family Link system.
As always, our staff is committed to engagement with each resident to be sure they receive both the care and connection they need – from their favorite activities to dining with their friends to enjoying spring sunshine outdoors.
In addition to limiting visitors, we are taking the following precautions for residents and staff. We will:
- Have two seatings at each meal to create greater distance between dining residents while continuing to allow everyone to enjoy socialization at mealtime.
- Ask outside vendors, entertainers and select service providers like salon and massage therapists not to enter the community.
- Continue to encourage daily outdoor activity; we will not take outings on the Community buses for the time being.
- Continue to screen all outside healthcare providers based on our protocol and they must wear personal protective equipment when engaging with residents.
- Continue our advanced, daily disinfection procedures and are prepared with extra supplies and resources for our communities should we need them.
In Washington, we continue to limit non-essential visits to our communities and have one community currently in isolation due to three confirmed cases of coronavirus; one resident and two staff members at Aegis Living Marymoor were diagnosed over the last few days. We are working alongside the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and they have expressed that our protocols and practices are well above standard. The Marymoor team has done an amazing job and we remain committed to supporting them, our residents and the families.
Thank you for your support as we actively work to protect our residents and staff. If you have questions or need more information, don’t hesitate to reach out.