Protecting Our Residents
We are optimistic about the progress we are making in our communities and across the country. Our focus will remain caring for and serving our residents as we begin to come together again.
THIS. Is Our Commitment. We never take your trust for granted. Each day, our teams lead the senior living industry, to innovate and harness the best information with the best partners so that we can make the best decisions possible as we continue to navigate the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. See all the ways that we are living up to Our Commitment for the safety and happiness of your loved ones. Click image for video.
Community Health & Safety
We work tirelessly to protect our residents. And as always, we remain vigilant about hygiene, sanitation, infection control, and vaccination.
- Surely and safely we have opened social spaces to carefully provide services, activities and dining. And we’re innovating all the way. Our exclusive custom designed Outdoor Living Room Experience, approved by infectious disease experts, provides a beautiful protective cozy space in each community for residents to visit family outdoors if they prefer. Though indoor family visits are now possible.
- Meeting or exceeding the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines, Aegis Living has long-established infection control protocols and sanitation practices to protect against the spread of infectious illnesses.
- We are in regular contact with federal, state and local health agencies, and our own Coronavirus Advisory Council and remain 100% focused on safety company-wide.
- Plus, we have a cross-functional interdepartmental task force of leaders, experts and nursing staff who work to strengthen and evolve our protections in all areas of our communities.
- We continue with frequent, daily disinfection procedures, community-wide preventative cleaning, and enhanced sanitation protocols, especially on high-touch surfaces and common areas.
- We were early adopters of social distancing and voluntary community-wide isolation to protect our residents ahead of required local mandated isolations.
- To be prepared for long-term needs, we acquired hygiene, disinfecting, and emergency preparedness supplies. We also have a good supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) to keep our residents and staff safe.
- We are following the American Healthcare Association (AHCA) guidance on accepting patients from the hospital.
We cherish our residents. They are part of our big Aegis Living Family; and we are innovating with new programs and partners to protect them and enable them to continue thriving.
- Our testing approach follows CDC guidance to test per contact tracing to those potentially exposed to confirmed persons.
- We prepared to handle positive cases of COVID-19 among our residents, employing heightened contact protocols and closely monitoring the health of residents to get additional medical treatment immediately as the situation warrants.
- We ask our residents to wear masks and maintain physical distancing when outside of their apartment.
We hire for heart, head, and guts. That means smart, caring people who do the right thing and bring joy to their jobs. We remain focused on having appropriate protections in place for our 2,500 team members.
- We are ensuring that if any staff is sick that they stay at home.
- Every staff member is screened when they arrive for their shift.
- Our staff wears masks and other personal protection equipment (PPE) for both the safety of the residents and our staff.
- We’ve provided our staff with clear guidelines to follow should they or someone in their family become ill. Given the fluidity of the situation, we regularly train our teams on both current protocols and new learnings we need to incorporate.
Looking for healthy options? Our culinary team focuses more than ever on delicious immune-boosting foods full of color and flavor. Our Chef’s pride themselves in surprising and delighting residents.
- Food can be a source of both comfort and prevention, so our dining focuses on healthy meals that are visually appealing and nutritious.
- Our dining rooms have opened so that residents can socialize to share a meal. We are committed to an abundance of caution; and we communicate protocols to each family and resident as circumstances evolve.
- Hydration is especially important to the health of seniors, so we are offering a comforting and vitamin-packed bone broth and our soothing signature ginger tea, along with snacks and smoothies.
We care for the mind, body, and spirit of every resident. The emotional health of our residents is as important as their physical health. Our Life Enrichment team is highly skilled in introducing new activities and ways to support socialization and human connections.
- In addition to smaller group activities, our team members enjoy quality one-on-one time that they share with each resident throughout the day—whether that is visiting during a meal, sitting for a chat, or singing together.
- Our Life Enrichment team produced an entertainment show, called Aegis Live. Each week, a new episode featured the life story of a resident, with jokes, trivia questions, an exercise class, live music, and much more!
- Our residents can video chat with their families face-to-face via Zoom, Skype, and FaceTime to stay connected, if they can visit in person.
- Each community has tablet devices loaded with a curated digital library to deliver a world of entertainment, games, classic radio programs, and more to keep residents’ minds sharp and engaged.
- We fill our community with music concerts, entertainment, and events for our residents to enjoy.
- Aegis Living Family Link uses technology to connect with families with uploaded photos and notes about how they are enjoying their day.
- Enjoying the outdoors is an important component of our wellness program. Walks have been designed to include sensory stimulation, engaging conversation, balance exercises to build strength, hydration, and fresh air.
If you are searching for assisted living or memory care for yourself or a loved one please complete the fields in the form below then click Send. A Marketing Director will contact you shortly.
Click here to Schedule a Tour