There When You Need Us
Aegis of Queen Anne on Galer offers Transitional Care for those with early-to-mild stages of dementia. Our unique Transitional Care option provides a progressive transition from assisted living to higher memory care needs. These residents live on a specialized care floor of our community, where they have increased support in dealing with their early memory loss. While they have access to all of the community’s common areas, their apartments are located in an area among their peers and our caring staff.
Transitional Care provides:
- An environment of close interaction and supervision by our highly-trained staff.
- Care givers who encourage participation in events and socialization to avoid isolation.
- Activities and dining options tailored to their abilities and comfort levels.
- Elevated security and safety measures.
- Medical care, personal assistance, and support services options that are available based on residents’ needs.
- A home where residents age in place with dignity, reducing the possibility of yet another move if more care is needed.
The goal of Transitional Care is to allow residents to cope more successfully with their memory challenges and to maintain their independent lifestyle for as long as possible. We strive to slow the progression of memory loss with a structure to socially engage our residents, reduce their anxiety, and increase their self esteem.