Specialized Care - Aegis Lodge
Specialized Care for Parkinson’s
Aegis Lodge places an emphasis on caring for residents with Parkinson’s disease, and offers a wellness program that includes balanced meals and onsite physical, occupational and speech therapy. We provide the support needed to allow our residents to focus on their well-being instead of the daily tasks and upkeep of their home.
Unlike other communities in the area, Aegis Lodge doesn’t treat Parkinson’s the same as Alzheimer’s. We understand that many residents with Parkinson’s are affected in a physical way often before being affected mentally, so we work hard to preserve the dignity of each one of our residents by creating individualized care plans.
Our Parkinson’s Care program includes:
- Nutrition – All of our residents receive three nutritious meals a day and snacks throughout the day. Our daily menus include fresh salads, fruits, fish, meats, grains and homemade soups.
- Exercise and Fitness – Walking groups, weekly chair exercises, off-site heated pool therapy, onsite outpatient physical and occupational therapy, and a variety of brain exercises are a few of the programs offered in our community.
- Stress Management and Emotional Health – Aegis Lodge offers a holistic approach and practices a therapy called Snoezelen, which was developed in Holland to help autistic children. Through stimulation of the five senses, this therapy helps our residents relax.
- Emotional Support and Knowledge – We recognize the importance of building a strong network and often partner with doctors, therapists and social workers in the area to provide a monthly event that will benefit the Parkinson’s community. Programs range from caregivers’ stress management seminars to discussions of new developments and treatments for Parkinson’s disease. We also feature an onsite library with resources on Parkinson’s disease.
- Transportation – We offer complimentary transportation to your doctors’ appointments and other errands, such as grocery shopping.
All new permanent residents suffering from Parkinson’s disease also receive a copy of the “Every Victory Counts” manual and a subscription to the program developed by Dr. Monique Giroux.
Supportive Adult Day Care, Starting at only $15 per hour (minimum 4 hours)
The Aegis Living Day Stay program understands there’s nothing more important than the health and well-being of your family member. That’s why our Day Stay program focuses so much on socialization. Study after study indicates that continued peer interaction not only brightens the spirit, but it provides serious health benefits as well. We provide a wide variety of cultural and recreational outings along with engaging and interesting community programs so our residents and guests can enjoy the best possible quality of life – which includes making new friends. Call or stop by today to learn more!
Short-term stays for patients from Evergreen Hospital’s Specialty Programs
Our local award-winning hospital offers programs tailored to patients who do not live nearby. These are short-term programs for some patients diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease or cancer. During your time visiting the hospital, a stay at Aegis Lodge will provide you with:
- A furnished apartment with great views and cable TV.
- Three meals a day.
- All the care needed during your stay or recovery, including access to our nurses and care managers.
- Transportation back and forth to the hospital.
- Companion and socialization, as well as daily activities.
Rates start at $150 per day. Private pay only.
Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Now Available Onsite
Onsite therapy is now available through Life Care Center of Kirkland. One more advantage of selecting Aegis Lodge for your mother’s or father’s stay. This new service allows them to have a shorter stay at a hospital or skilled nursing facility and to recover at home while continuing their therapy. Therapists also provide continuous checkups on residents who use walkers or canes.