Short-Term Care - Aegis of Aptos
Aegis Living’s short-term stays, also known as respites, are available for easy transition from a hospital or skilled nursing facility to long-term assisted living or for further recovery before going home. Our temporary stays are a great way to experience all the amenities and activities that Aegis has to offer and to give family caregivers a much-needed break.
Aegis Living offers the finest care, as well as delicious and nutritious cuisine in a loving and beautiful environment where seniors enjoy days filled with planned events and socializing. Our nationally recognized memory care program is designed specifically for those residents with dementia or Alzheimer’s to assist with their unique needs. And all of this is included in our short-term care program.
Short-term stays are beneficial for those individuals:
- Who are transitioning from a hospital or nursing home but need further recovery before going home.
- Who need a place to stay when their primary caregiver has to go on a business trip or vacation.
- Who want a trial stay at our community. A trial stay allows the resident to meet our staff, taste our food and try our activities. It allows the resident to “test drive” their new home.
Our Short-Term Stay program provides:
- Private, furnished apartments that are easy to navigate.
- Elevated security and safety measures for our residents.
- Seven-day-a-week nursing care and 24-hour trained caregiving staff.
- Beautifully prepared, nutritious meals, plus snacks and hydration throughout the day.
- Cognitive and physical stimulation to help soothe and relieve the effects of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Hospice care.