Community Amenities - Aegis at Callahan House
Our Amenities Ensure You are Comfortable
The core of our Memory Care communities is Life’s Neighborhood™ – a nationally recognized program developed by Aegis Living. The program was designed to improve the quality of life with amenities that increase enjoyment for people living with memory loss.
The goal of Life’s Neighborhood™ is to decrease stress and anxiety by re-creating the familiarity and comfort of the neighborhood of yesteryear. The program helps build a strong bond between staff and residents – whether by chatting about past times while tidying up the apartment, looking at old photos or strolling together in the courtyard. The Life’s Neighborhood™ physical space is reminiscent of a large family home in the 1940s and 1950s, designed to encourage an environment of socializing in a nostalgic setting.
Memory Care amenities include:
- Spending an afternoon in the fresh air enjoying our flowering, secured courtyard or getting your hands dirty in our raised garden beds.
- Many activities focus around food to stimulate appetite and ensure proper hydration, such as sharing an afternoon tea, fresh baked bread or a nutritional smoothie with your neighbors.
- Enjoying an outing to a local mall, museum or restaurant.
- Safety and security systems, including a 24-hour emergency call system.
- Expertly trained memory care staff.
- Schedule and escorted transportation available for medical appointments, outings and more.
- Individualized diet plans.
- Housekeeping services.
- Three chef-prepared meals a day, and snacks and beverages available throughout the day.